Redressal of grievances of Bank’s Customers/ Members as under :-
1. Name, Telephone No. and complete address along with e-mail address of the Authorised Official of the bank, who could be contacted for redressal of grievances of customers is to be prominently displayed at all the branches.
2. A Complaint Book on the prescribed format shall be kept with the Manager or some other Senior Officer of the branch. All the complaints received from the customers are to be duly acknowledged by the Manager or any other authorized officials of the branch.
3. All the Members of the staff , especially the staff sitting at the counters are to ensure that no customer has any reason to complaint about the working of the bank. In any case, if a customer has any complaint regarding the working of the bank, the same must be dealt with amicably and instantly by the concern member of the staff and branch manager as far as possible. For this purpose, concern official and / or Manager of the branch must make all possible efforts to redress the grievance of the respective customer at the first instance itself.
4. However, if all the efforts of the branch failed to resolve the matter to the satisfaction of the customer and he/she chooses to make a written complaint the same must be entered in the Complaint Book under his/her signatures, first copy of which shall be returned to the complainant duly acknowledged by the Manager or other authorize officer, while the second copy shall be forwarded to the Head Office with detailed comments and also the status of redressal of the complaint . Third copy of the complaint shall be retained by the branch for their record
5. All such complaints received by the branch are to be resolved amicably to the satisfaction of the complainant within a maximum period of 15 days under advise to the Head Office.
6. Complaint Box should made available in the Branches. It should be opened on weekly basis by the Manager and Accountant. Requisite record is to be kept in the Register. Prompt Action is to be taken by the branch if any complaint is received.
7. The branches should maintain a register where the record of the complaints/grievances received and their closure after redressal is entered, it should be informed to the H.O. after close of quarter, even if, it is NIL.
8. In case, the branch has not been able to redress the grievance to the satisfaction of the complainant the same must be forwarded to the Head Office along with entire correspondence made between the branch and the complainant, details of efforts made by the branch and the area remain unresolved, along with their recommendation in the matter. On receipt of un-redressed complaints from the branches, the CEO shall initiate necessary action for rederessal of the same.
The CEO may call a Meeting of the complainant and / or officer of the concern branch of the bank, if deems fit. The CEO / Head Office shall ensure that all such complaints are resolved within a maximum period of one month.
9. In case, the grievance of the customer / member could not be redressed to his/her satisfaction inspite of all the efforts of branch and the Head Office, the matter to be placed before Board of Directors for their consideration. The Board of Directors shall consider the redressal of grievance and resolve the matter within a period up-to the maximum of three months.